Monday, January 17, 2011

Whistler

While the recent pineapple express delivered warm weather and rain to all the ski areas in Washington, I was excited to see Whistler was still getting snow at the top. We planned a last-minute trip and were not disappointed. I started out Saturday morning simply hoping for the best; the tops of both mountains had been closed the day before. As I exited the top of the Excelerator chair at Blackcomb they opened the Glacier Express chair - for the first time in two days. A few great runs there and then they opened Spanky's Ladder, which allows you to access my favorite run - Ruby Bowl. Ruby was in fine shape so I hit that for the rest of the morning. I spent the afternoon skiing with the family and enjoying the fabulous Westin.

Sunday was not as good- with rain at times nearly to the top of the mountain. We made the most of it though and skied a full day under mostly cloudy skies and wind. All in all we salvaged what would have been a very boring weekend in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment